RealityBLU Brings Print and Packaging to Life with Augmented Reality at PRINT 18
Roscoe, IL, September 24, 2018 – RealityBLU®, an augmented reality (AR) platform provider, will showcase its BLUairspace® platform at PRINT18, September 30 – October 2, at McCormick Place in Chicago. With BLUairspace, print service providers can quickly turn printed materials, such as product packaging, signage, transactional print, marketing collateral and more into interactive mobile experiences. PRINT18 attendees can see a demonstration of the BLUairspace platform in the Solimar booth #1600 and Konica Minolta booth #1611.
According to Statista, augmented reality is expected to acquire one billion users by 2020. realityBLU believes that print is an integral part to driving AR adoption and bridging the gap between physical and digital experiences. AR adds a direct connection from any printed material – label, sales collateral, credit card bill and more – to a mobile device.
“Print services providers are in a unique position to expand their value proposition and grow their businesses by integrating AR into their existing workflows,” said M.J. Anderson, Chief Experience Officer, realityBLU. “With the BLUairspace platform, printers can easily add a dynamic, interactive and personalized layer of communication to a printed campaign. This not only extends the life of the content but it encourages end-users to interact with the content digitally and perhaps continually for more information. Adding AR capabilities to a print provider’s offering can help them become strategic content and data providers.”
The cloud-based BLUairspace platform aligns with current production workflows and is highly scalable allowing a company, agency or print service provider to manage one or hundreds of accounts, campaigns and experiences. The platform includes:
• Campaign Management Dashboard provides web-based reporting, scheduling, and tracking of specific data points relevant for your campaign metric requirements.
• Web-Based Analytics for real-time, detailed results by campaign, experience, location and device OS.
• XR Builder delivers AR experiences using creative tools built for the design community that easily integrate images, photos, 3D renderings, animations, audio and video into a virtual space.
• Drag and Drop capabilities allow you to leverage existing media assets or create and publish new content for dynamic AR experiences.
• BLUairspace SDK turns existing mobile apps into AR browsers.
• Four AR workflows in one platform allow users to develop Marker Based, Markerless, Location-Based and Personalized AR experiences.
For PRINT 18 attendees, realityBLU developed a real-time, personalized demonstration of the BLUairspace platform designed to highlight the dynamic nature of the technology. Using the BLUairspace App on a mobile phone, attendees are asked to complete a short survey and scan a printed marker to begin the personalized mobile experience. The experience demonstrates how printers and their customers can combine AR with print to generate new customer interactions and revenue-generating opportunities.
In addition to PRINT18, realityBLU will be at LabelExpo Americas 2018 in Rosemont, IL, Sept. 25-27. To set up a meeting with the company at LabelExpo or PRINT18 email mj@RealityBLU.com.